2023 OER Grant Program
The deadline for 2023 proposals has past. Grantees will be notified by April 16, 2023.
Faculty OER Grant Program
The Maryland Open Source Textbook (M.O.S.T.) initiative is seeking proposals for its Faculty OER Grant Program, which supports faculty efforts to increase access, affordability, and achievement for students at Maryland’s postsecondary institutions through the incorporation of open educational resources (OER) into teaching practice.
Available grants in 2023:
- Adopt/Adapt OER ($1,000 grant + Participation in the Lumen Circles Community of Practice)
- Create/Revise and Publish OER ($2,000 grant + Participation in the Rebus Textbook Success Program)
- OLI STEM Courseware Grants ($5,000 grant + Participation in the NSF-Funded Carnegie Mellon Open Learning Initiative (OLI) STEM Courseware Project) NOTE: Available for 2-year colleges only
Download 2023 M.O.S.T. Faculty OER Mini-Grant Program Request for Proposals
Institutional OER Grant Program
The Maryland Open Source Textbook (M.O.S.T.) initiative is seeking proposals for the Institutional OER Grant Program, which supports strategic institutional efforts to increase access, affordability, and achievement for students at Maryland’s postsecondary institutions through more systemic incorporation of open educational resources (OER) into teaching practice.
For 2023, selected institutions will be awarded $20,000 grants to support significant advances in OER adoption, scaling, and sustainability in support of student success. In addition, grantees will receive strategic planning and implementation support for their projects from M.O.S.T. in the form of consultations and regular monthly check-ins.
Institutions applying for these grants should be able to articulate a vision for how OER will help them achieve strategic goals, such as:
- developing and assessing OER pathways (such as across general education or several required courses in a major),
- creating tighter connections between the use of OER and evidence-based practices in teaching,
- supporting or enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion, and/or
- building the infrastructure to support faculty adopting OER into their teaching practice.
Applications should also explain how the campus will nurture and sustain this next-level work after the funding period ends.
Download 2023 M.O.S.T. Institutional OER Grant Program Request for Proposals
An informational webinar about the 2023 M.O.S.T. OER Grant Opportunity was held on Monday, January 23, 2023. View the recording below.
Click here to learn about previous grantees. If you have any questions about the program or the application, please reach out to us at email@example.com